Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Lovely autumn day

The weather was perfect. I watered the trees once again. Will be glad to get some rain but chances aren't good. Every year I sleep upstairs in my house except from around May to September when it's too hot to sleep upstairs. This year it's October and still too warm to sleep upstairs. (I have AC downstairs only.)

Here's a photo showing what determination, passion, and tenacity can do for habitat. This is in El Paso, TX. They have more water than I do, but water has still been a big challenge for them since their type habitat requires a lot of water. They started theirs a couple of years later than I started mine.


The family got some sad news today. My niece's wonderful husband has been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We all know how bad that is. They found out two weeks ago, but only shared the news with the family today.

Brave smiles
Tuesday my brother starts treatment for prostate cancer. Makes his seem like a piece of cake by comparison.The older I get the more people are dropping dead around me. Had three relatives die within the past three weeks. Two of them were spouses of close relatives and one was a first cousin. I don't really take stuff like that very hard. Since I lost my beloved first daughter in 1977, and then my beloved husband in 2003, I've become inured to that, I guess. Still, it's a constant reminder of how tenuous our grip on life really is. And how life can change in an instant.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that slice of the Rio Grande doesn't look anything like it did in 1998. It's amazing what good work humans can do. I'm sorry about your brother and niece's husband. I lost my Dad to prostate cancer in 2006. He fought it for 14 years, and hopefully your loved ones will respond to the new drugs and treatments available now.

    Carla in N. Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my brother with the prostate cancer will have a good outcome, at least for a long time yet. The niece's husband, not so much. If lucky maybe a year. Her half-sister's husband is fighting metastisized rectal cancer. They expect him to last another couple of years. But, except for my brother, whose cancer they caught early, the others are spouses and not directly blood relatives. Cancer is rare in our family.

    ReplyDelete