Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 31, 2022

Bird bath finally finished

As far as the birds were concerned, their new bath facility was finished when I turned on the water to it, but now it suits me, too, considering my husband won't allow me to put any rocks around the edges, and I had to elevate the fake rock too so nothing interferes with his edger. 



There have been a couple of hummingbirds around. The other day an expert called one a Costa's. I saw what I'd swear was the same bird today and she called it a Ruby-throated, so I'm frustrated and confused. Here's the one ID'd as a Costa's on the 26th...


And here's what I'd swear is the same bird today. Go figure! When I inquired about it she said the difference is in the shape of the primaries. I still don't see it.


It's impossible for me to get a decent photo of that hummer because the juvenile Allen's won't let it at the feeders. I'll keep trying.


As I was processing the photos I took today, I discovered I had also photographed the previous adult Allen's. Hard to tell through the camera lens. I was very surprised.


Seems like there's more fighting among birds at the bird bath today, although the numbers seem the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment