Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Splendid oasis day!

Got a late start from town because I wanted to try for better photos of the probable Costa's Hummingbird, but didn't see it. The new bird bath was popular though. 


Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warbler

So, by the time I got to the oasis activity was slow. Nevertheless, there were a few species beyond what I normally have, such as this Townsend's Solitaire eating pistachio berries.




There are lots of berries at the oasis, including these Texas Madrone and Guayacan.




Since birding is always slower in the afternoon, I did my watering so that in the morning I'll be free to watch birds. The weather was perfect too, between 80-84.°

 

The water drip was popular. A couple of Hermit Thrushes hung out there all afternoon. 



If it isn't too cold and windy, tomorrow morning will be great fun before I have to head back to town. I'm also looking forward to making my artificial rock cover and doing some tweaking to the bird bath in town. Not satisfied with the background rock on the bird photos, for one thing. I'll find a way to eliminate it.


No comments:

Post a Comment