Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Rushing around

Seems I must overload myself, because I'm constantly running. Doing some much needed cleaning at the oasis storage buildings. Getting rid of stuff that hopefully won't be needed anymore. Then watering, trying to inventory the oasis birds, then to town to catch up here. It's exhausting! I'm just grateful that I'm able to do all this. Remember when I broke my foot's navicular bone (my diagnosis) earlier this year? Well, it's 90% better now, in spite of my never slowing down. Took longer than it should have, of course.


So, while at the oasis, I was reviewing the trail cam captures and was surprised to get this footage of a bobcat.



Today, while rushing around, I managed to get my first photos of a Tree Swallow. Don't know why I never got any before. It's not a new oasis species.



Migrants trickle in, as is normal for this time of year.  I love when the male juvenile Lucifer Hummingbirds show off their new gorget feathers.


OK, gotta run. Want to finish with supper so I can go visit a birder friend in the Alpine hospital.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Carolyn! So cool on the bobcat! And during the daylight! ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No telling what shows up at night. Sometimes I accidentally have the camera set to record at night and I get foxes and javelinas.

      Delete