Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Oasis work day

My son and I went to the oasis to water and service feeders. No exciting birds yet, but quite a few birders. Of course, many of them are getting their lifer Lucifers, so that's exciting for them. The Lucifers are busy doing courtship displays, too. Here's a female waiting for a male to do his display to her. She didn't have to wait long, but it was a sloppy display and didn't meet with her approval.



The Texas Claret Cup was blooming at the oasis today. Here's a lovely photo my sister took of one on top of our mountain above the oasis.



I'm only posting this next photo of a pair of Mexican Ducks because it shows how badly the big tank is deteriorating. Nothing can be done about it either. 



But I console myself that the oasis will still be a magnet to birds as long as it has feeders, a water feature, and some native vegetation. Lucifers and other desert specialties come to the feeders.  I'm not going to spend the rest of my life stressing over it. Just gonna enjoy as much as I can for as long as I can.


1 comment: