Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Trying to keep up

Lucifers were nearly two weeks late arriving at the oasis this year. Here's a photo by Dan Richards of the first arrival, still not finished molting in spite of being late.



Times have been hectic lately what with one thing and another. And time is not kind. Not only are the inground tanks at the oasis hopelessly decaying, but our bodies are too. My oldest son had to have major surgery this week, less than two years after my daughter had that brain tumor removed. My knees do not work anymore and my jaw is still hurting while chewing. No idea if that'll be permanent or not. Gonna call the dentist Monday. He has been closed for spring break. 


Today my grandson celebrated his 50th birthday. That makes me pretty ancient. 



But I'm just grateful to still be around and in as good a shape as I am.


Here's my 18 year old great-grandson. It all boggles my mind. Or maybe it's old age that boggles my mind.




1 comment:

  1. Carolyn we all salute your incredible work at the Oasis and wish you the very best. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete