Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, May 3, 2024

Bonus Bear's bonuses







Note: The bear preferred to walk on nails before he'd walk on the ground panels again.


His scat is no longer seed-laden, in fact, I looked hard at it for seed and found none. Beargrass (Nolina erumpens) is my best guess. Disclaimer: I can find nowhere that says bears eat beargrass. Whatever he's eating, it seems to be all fiber.



A couple of days ago I took these photos of a Gray Fox at my water feature in Alpine.




And this Common Yellowthroat, also in Alpine. We seem to be at the peak of migration this weekend!




3 comments:

  1. I loved the videos. Seems the bear is thoroughly confused about his options. I live south of Terlingua Ranch and have seen indications of a bear but since I have a dog, I don’t encourage his/her visits.
    I was surprised how BIG the bear is. Anyway a priceless video and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting! Thanks for sharing. Judy Sims

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete