Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mulch

Mulch is so important when trying to keep the ground from drying out, and even more so in this drought. (Think frosting on a cake.) The Alpine recycling center has it for free, so I couldn't resist. I would take all they have if I could physically haul it away. But I intend to take some to CMO with me every time I go there for as long as the mulch supply lasts. My husband loaded my pickup with what I hope is the first of many loads. It's wonderful stuff. Unlike grass clippings that blow away, this should stay better and last longer.


The mulch is shredded tree limbs and has a lot of pine needles in it.


I baked hubby a yummy cake.


A triple win! (Oasis, Hugh, and me)

Here is the documentary-only photo Kelly Bryan was able to snap of an Eastern Kingbird taking off to continue south after a brief stop at CMO on 9-5-11 (see post for that day).


I feel such gratitude to Kelly for so much, including this photo. Thanks, Kelly.


3 comments:

  1. I don't comment much, but just want to let you know I love your blog and check it daily. Thanks, Pat/Central Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy/Odessa and AlpineSeptember 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM

    Me too. I was without computer access for 2 wks and 1st thing I checked was your blog. You are such an inspiration. Hope you get rain and relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Pat and Sandy. It's the support of people like you two, and the wonderful people who visit and appreciate my oasis, that keeps me going. I started this blog mostly as a place to report the bird activity but am trying to broaden it to the running and maintenance of the oasis in general, as well as a glimpse into my life. It's hard for me to remember to take photos of day to day things, but I'm trying and will get better.

    ReplyDelete