Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Never gonna rain at CMO

At Alpine we got well over an inch of rain today, but at CMO, only one-tenth inch. By the time I finished helping band hummers in the Davis Mountains and got down here the ground was already dry. Bummer! Here's how much ran down the sides of the big tank. It'll evaporate tomorrow.


A big surprise! There's a Cenizo bush that I planted years ago but haven't watered this summer since I ran out of water. With just that tenth inch of rain this morning, it bloomed this afternoon. Pretty amazing even though that's the scraggliest, most pathetic blooming it's ever done!




1 comment:

  1. That is sad. 75% of the time, I watch storms form on the highlands W of town, and mtns just E of me...and they ALWAYS fizzle out here, no rain, just like today. I am actually quite thankful for the 4.78" of rain year-to-date here...many have had less than 1/2 that.

    I hope you and the region get serious rain, soon! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete