Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 11, 2012

New species for oasis

Nothing like being sick a week to make one appreciate being well. I may never know what caused me to be sick, but I'm prone to get bad headaches from viruses, allergies, etc.

I'm pretty excited that a birder to the oasis yesterday discovered a new yard bird there.... a Gray-cheeked Thrush. I had come to Alpine yesterday morning, and Bill and Bryan Tarbox visited in the afternoon between 1-2 PM. Bryan is a special person, an ace birder. He first visited the oasis in May 2005 with his father, Bill. I was greatly impressed by his birding skills, as he was quite young at the time. I know he got at least a few lifers on that visit and I'm always happy for him to return. I'm sure sorry I wasn't there to enjoy his discovery. Here is one of the photos Bryan took.


Kelly Bryan said this is the first documented record for the region.

No comments:

Post a Comment