Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A little success

I did get some Common Mestra photos today, but the plumage wasn't as pretty as yesterday. You can tell on the first photo where the coloration (mostly the black) has worn off or faded. Still pretty though.













































On the vireo, I got photos of what I believe is the same individual and concur with expert, Mark Lockwood, who said it's a young Bell's Vireo, not a Red-eyed, as I had thought. Here's a photo of it from today. That black crown is what threw me off, I guess.


































As for the Anna's Hummingbird, I haven't seen it yet today, but several new hummers have arrived. A male Rufous, and a male & juvenile Ruby-throated. Had a Yellow Warbler today, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment