Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Greening up nicely

Things are looking greener every day. An early explorer across the region said the grasses up in the Christmas Mountains were the best he'd seen on his travels. I don't remember where I read that (somewhere in the stacks at the University of Texas library). I've looked and looked for that quote and never refound it. But the area below is near where I built my house just because of those grasses.


And seeing purple sage blooming everywhere is music for my eyes.


Here is an article I scanned from the Fort Davis newspaper. They're holding the hummingbird festival there next weekend. Tours will visit my oasis and I've even committed to doing a Power Point presentation on the creating of my oasis. Maybe if you click on it the words will be large enough to read.


No comments:

Post a Comment