Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

No hummers

While I have hummingbirds twelve months of the year, there are occasionally a couple of weeks in February where I have none, and this is one of those times. Not to worry, they'll be here in a week or two.

Ann and I are going up her trail tomorrow looking for more flowers in bloom. I was trying to decide which camera to take, so did a little practicing this afternoon along the road to see if I can take acceptable photos without my Canon because it's soooo heavy. I think I'll give it a try with the Lumix one more time. Then Friday I'm going to go up my trail with the Canon in case I find good butterflies up on the very top of the mountain.

Rough Nama (Nama hispidum)
Also, I check the Mexican Redbud every time I'm at the oasis to see if it's starting to bud. Bryan wants to come when it's blooming to look for Henry Elfin butterflies. Today when I checked it I saw the first start of budding. It's always the first thing at the oasis to bloom.


Checking my records, the earliest I have a photo of Henry's Elfin is Feb 18. That was two years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment