Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Is it possible to deter bears?

I think people have been successful deterring bears with a sturdy enough, tall enough, pole. If the one I concreted in gets demolished by them, I'll get a sturdier one and concrete it deeper into the ground. Here's some pics I found online to illustrate the challenge I face.


Tomorrow my husband is going on a fishing excursion to Black Gap WMA so I'm going to CMO for a few days. It's getting time for good stuff to start showing up. Just wish we'd get some rain.


4 comments:

  1. I do hope all works out well with your new neighbor. Thought he was going to be a real jerk for you and still is somewhat. Have a good spring migration time with your many guests. Robert Mace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robert. If I wasn't the eternal optimist I could never have created the oasis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at CMO. Hope Hugh brings home some fish. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I know I'll have fun and I know Hugh will catch some fish. He's had a bad rash for a month or two now. One round of Prednisone helped but then when he stopped itching he quit it. Now the second round doesn't seem to be helping. No idea yet the reason for all this. Maybe he thinks he'll be better at the river. Hope so.

    ReplyDelete