Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Pushing my limits

I tell myself no more swinging the pick ax. But then I do it anyway. Today I spent 3 hours working on the road. Two deep holes had washed on the edge that I feared a vehicle would fall into. I had placed a red sawhorse over them but that looked awful, so today I filled the holes with two pickup loads of rocks. I tried to cover the rocks with dirt but gave out. At least it's safe now.

I think I had taken a picture of the holes, but it must be on my town computer. I can't find it. Here it is today after the first load of rock. I had to drag that biggest rock into the hole behind my pickup with a chain.


Here are the holes after I couldn't go any longer.


I would resent the doves hogging the feeder but then I think about the Peregrines and don't mind so much.



2 comments:

  1. Guess your neck was better today? I'm not going to say anything about weilding pick ax, but being the bossy person I am, I am going to recommend you do stretches every day, including your neck. There's just something about getting old.....that stretching helps. So there. That's my speech.
    I am always fascinated by the life at the Oasis. What an achievement. You are accomplishing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neck no longer hurts but I can't turn my head at all to the left and very little to the right. I think neck exercises could help as long as I do them in moderation. I'm shocked that working on the road didn't make me worse. I wish I knew what caused my neck to "go out" so I could avoid it happening again. All I can come up with is that I sat watching TV in a different chair than I usually do and somehow I put the weight on my neck wrong. I have been doing neck stretches as best I can. Makes sense to try to keep things limber.

    ReplyDelete