Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, February 24, 2020

Last week of winter

Started watching for Lucifers today. I thought I saw a hummer whiz by me as I drove into the oasis parking area, but can't count it. Meanwhile, here are a few pre-spring photos of the Tree Tobacco. Most of them survived the winter and are putting on new leaves. I expect the seeds from last year to make a bunch of new plants, but so far haven't seen any.




After I lost water twice from leaving a faucet on, and once from frozen fittings, there isn't much left in the stucco tank. In a few weeks I'll have to pump some water from the big tank to make it to rainy season. I'd be stressed if I didn't have the new above ground tank to fall back on in case rains don't come, but hopefully won't have to use it.


The Cardinal and Golden-fronted Woodpecker are still around. I wonder when, or if, they'll leave.


The oasis may look bleak in the winter but the afterglow never disappoints.




No comments:

Post a Comment