Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Nice soaking rain

It started lightly raining around midnight and continued all morning until I had to leave for town. So I didn't get much watering done. The trees need more than the third-inch that fell, but it'll do until I can get back down there. Was surprised to flush a Killdeer. Very seldom have that species at the oasis.


Flowers are already sprouting everywhere. That means an awesome display this spring, but it also means I'll be lucky to conjure up any hummers at the feeders. Hopefully, a male will set up his "territory" at the oasis so people can get their "lifer" anyway. I plan to spend all next week at the oasis watching for the first Lucifer to arrive. And I need to practice shooting flowers with my new camera. Doing terrible at it so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment