Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Rain in the forecast

Tuesday we have a 50-50 chance of rain. It would sure be wonderful if I wouldn't have to water anymore this week. I was really dragging today. After all that hard work yesterday just moving my body was painful. But I got the watering done and managed to rig up a temporary "photographer's drip." I was determined to use that hose divider I had bought, so I smeared the inside threads with pipe joint compound and that did the trick. That hose draped above the basin is dripping water into the basin.


I went down into the arroyo this afternoon to see how the persimmons were doing and was dismayed to see a bear had smashed down a big sumac by using it to access persimmons. I'll probably end up cutting out the smashed tree. The trunk is snapped in two about a foot above the ground. Bears do so much damage. I do not like bears.

Persimmon tree on the left, sumac in center
The weather today was perfect. I sat for awhile this afternoon taking inventory of the hummers. The juvenile male Lucifers are so cute with their emerging gorgets.




No comments:

Post a Comment