Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 5, 2020

Costa's Hummingbird still in Alpine

 It's been two full weeks since I walked over to my son's house and discovered the Costa's. His molt is winding down. I look forward to seeing him with his new full gorget...  if he sticks around a while longer.



Birders visit him nearly every day. I hate not getting to check in on him when I go to the oasis, but I love the oasis too. Just need two of me. Tomorrow I'm going to the oasis to service feeders and see what's there. I put up this sign so I won't worry as much about people not seeing the Costa's when I'm not there. You can't see him if you don't enter the yard.





2 comments:

  1. Thank you to you and your son for your hospitality. Very gracious of both of you. Wish I was down in Texas to add this to my state list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great if more people could see it. Such a special little bird. How could we not share it!

    ReplyDelete