Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 2, 2020

Day two of bear month

 No bears yet. Maybe since no rain this summer and very few acorns they won't show up. One can only hope. I took a photo of the spike mat with birds on it so you could see how it doesn't seem to bother them at all. I'm not sure what subspecies that juvenile White-crowned Sparrow is with such a red bill.



The oasis is still loaded with birds. Hard to get any work down and even harder to locate and ID all the birds. I figure I'm lucky if I even get a fourth of them. Here's an empidonax flycatcher that acted like a Gray Flycatcher but I haven't gotten an ID on it yet.


I think this next one is a Cassin's Vireo but with such a bad photo I'll probably never know.


I did manage to get some better photos of the Gray-headed Junco that ebird has been flagging lately.


It takes more time than I had to sit all day and wait for good photo ops. Today I got the feeders serviced, things watered, and cleaned a bunch of dirt off the ramp going into the stucco tank. Didn't leave much time, since I need to be in town monitoring the Costa's here. Today people did go see it without me being there, so that's good. Takes off a lot of pressure.
________________________________

UPDATE: Kelly Bryan said the White-crowned Sparrow is the gambelii subspecies and the empidonax flycatcher is a Least.



No comments:

Post a Comment