Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, January 16, 2021

A first step

Today I came to the oasis to do some much needed work, which included dismantling the old water feature. First I dug up two of my pomegranate bushes that will be in the way of the new water feature.




Did a bunch of pruning from that snow storm damage. Tomorrow I'm going to relocate more of the rocks, and water some stuff. I'm really exhausted tonight.

When I took a a break late this afternoon, I photographed a couple of the birds hanging around. Here are a male and female Anna's Hummingbird.



The bees were terrible at the seed feeder, but better bees than bears. The bees shovel out the seed, which ends up on the ground where the birds get it. They empty the feeder way faster than birds do (but not as fast as bears).


Here's a Lark Bunting enjoying the seed on the ground.


Finally, near dark, I photographed the afterglow on the mountain as I called it a day.



No comments:

Post a Comment