Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 17, 2021

More hard work/play

I enjoy my work so can hardly justify calling it work, but either way, it totally exhausts me. The bees emptied a full feeder in one day. Gonna let it stay empty for a while, I think.




As I was watering trees today I noticed more damage from the New Year's snow storm, so I did what I could, which wasn't much. Here is a 6" diameter limb broken off of a large Huisache tree. I was able to cut off some of the end branches but didn't get the whole thing off yet. I plan to do it this weekend. At least I got the branches off the bushes they were smashing.


I hauled more rocks away from the old water feature. In the process I moved a prehistoric Indian metate that I had tried to incorporate into the water feature at one time. It weighs a ton, but with a dolly and back-breaking work I finally got it positioned below the drip in the back water feature. I'm pretty excited about seeing birds bathe in it in a few months. Some species prefer to bathe where the water drips down on them and not in the above basin so this should be great! That was pretty much the highlight of my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment