Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 8, 2021

Big Bend films

 Remember in 2019 when they filmed the Lucifers and Elf Owls at the oasis? Well, that film is going to air on PBS on Feb 10, so mark you calendars, or set your TV to record it.


Screen shot of my mountain from the film

Also, National Geographic is going to film the Elf Owls at the oasis this spring and summer, so it portends to be an interesting year.


Today I worked in the house, other than noting our ponds packed with ducks.



I think they're all Mallards and Mexican Ducks besides our 6 or 7 homegrown ones. They flush as soon as I go out toward the ponds to feed them.


4 comments:

  1. That’s great. Looking forward to seeing the films

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so marvelous what you have done with your life. I am very pleased that I was able to spend time with you and get to know you. Thanks for all that you did to care for me. You and your CMO gave me joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet and I honestly don't feel I did enough to care for you. I was so worried I just wanted to get you to a lower elevation. In hindsight that doesn't seem very welcoming. But I am truly blessed to have known you. It's sad that you dare not return to the oasis.

      Delete