Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 15, 2021

Big news!

I'm excited to announce that CMO has won a conservation grant. Soon (I hope), the oasis will be home to a new viewing blind and water feature. Special thanks to all who made it happen, especially Mike Gray, who wrote up the proposal and will be overseeing the work, as well as helping with the work. And I'm grateful to all the wonderful Texas birders who chose this project.


https://www.einnews.com/pr_news/534582957/despite-pandemic-great-texas-birding-classic-saw-record-participation-in-2020


I hope it lives up to all our expectations and provides endless happy birding hours, and life birds, to birders who visit from near and far.


Here's the blind "before" photo. I'll keep you updated on the progress of the project with ample photos, so stay tuned. I hope work can begin in a couple of weeks.




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! A well deserved designation for this special place. Thank you for all your efforts. The birds and birders appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I feel that birders should have a better blind than what's there, and this is an awesome opportunity to make it happen. I'm a bit stressed over it but it can't be as stressful as getting the new water tank was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes Congratulations. Your hard work is finding fruit.

    ReplyDelete