Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, February 11, 2021

PBS documentary

 I hope you all got to watch the PBS documentary last night. If not, you should be able to watch it online. They videographers did the best they could under the circumstances. I was disappointed the Lucifers weren't more cooperative that year. Most years they're displaying like crazy all summer. That year (2019) they were few and far between. Lucky they got what footage they did. Unfortunately, as hard as they searched, a Lucifer nest could not be located. Just a bad year.



I spent the last two days at the oasis, mostly pruning broken branches from that snow storm. The temperatures were 80° plus. Now an Arctic front is headed our way and going to be bitterly cold this weekend. But it should be our last one for the year. Lucifers are due back in two weeks.

9 comments:

  1. I thought the shots of the Lucifer and Elf owls were amazing. Loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lucifer display photography was amazing!!! It took me back to so many delightful spring migration afternoons spent at your Oasis. You should be very proud. :-)

    Carla in north Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is is possible to visit the CMO? I will be in the area (Maverick RV Park) March 22-29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's open to serious birders. Not to tourists, etc.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I am a serious birder but this trip is my wife and me and she is not a birder, so I will stick to the spots I have read about BIBE. I wish you well in your efforts. I am going to follow your blog with great interest.

      Delete
    3. You're welcome to visit and bring your wife with you. She's your spouse, not a tourist.

      Delete
  4. PBS is running it again today at 2 and Sunday am at 6. All central time. I have the DVR set. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete