Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, February 19, 2021

Remembering Dennis Shepler

Yesterday while I was taking my long journey to town, a dear friend was taking his own journey into death after fighting Pulmonary Fibrosis for many years. He was a talented artist who designed my Christmas Mountains Oasis T-shirt.



He loved the oasis and visited many times. This photo is from May 2016.


The last time he visited, due to the altitude, he struggled so hard to breathe that I feared he'd die there. I urged him to leave immediately.  We stayed in communication, never knowing which  "Love you" would be the last. He was 73. Rest in Peace. You will be greatly missed!


3 comments:

  1. So sorry you have lost a good friend. Good ones are to be treasured. And he was lucky to have you. Glad you made is safely on the road yesterday.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I'm an artist while I never met we chatted a lot about your love of the neotropics and hummingbirds. Miss you Dennis

    ReplyDelete