Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Preview of coming attractions

Today was a beautiful day at the oasis. No, wind, perfect temperature, somewhat overcast, just how I like it. So I pushed myself hard to water trees and watch birds. Luckily, both can be done at the same time by carrying my camera with me. I prune a lot too, so that's mostly what wears me out. But it needs to be done while things are dormant. (I had no reaction to either of my covid vaccinations other than a mildly sore arm.)



Shortly after taking the above sunset photo, I spied a Williamson's Sapsucker eating old soapberries. I now have a new appreciation for soapberries. Had never seen anything eat them before, which is why they're still on the trees.


There wasn't enough light to do the beautiful bright male justice but maybe he'll still be here in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment