Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Good migration day

Finally, migrants are showing up, although mostly warblers, flycatchers and vireos, not hummers. But a cold front is arriving next week that might help, although it's a very mild cold front. 


The last two days I've been watering and working on my blind project. I'm putting pipes on top of the plastic to eliminate any chance of wind blowing off the plastic and also it'll give the plastic some protection from the elements. My idea is to make it look a bit like a sotol shade, which has dappled sunlight. I'm about halfway through. Have to cut and paint more pipes. It's fun.



Here are a few pics I took yesterday and today while watering.


Dusky Flycatcher

Juvenile Painted Bunting

Gray Vireo

Warbling Vireo


No comments:

Post a Comment