Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Living vicariously in town

I've been staying indoors today so I won't have to take allergy meds, but I get interesting photos from friends and family that I enjoy. 


Here's one taken on August 27th by Mike Gfeller, a visitor at the oasis. He says this juvenile male Lucifer was really feeling his hormones. He displayed to male and female alike. On this photo an annoyed female got her beak grabbed by the naughty youngster! I've never seen anything like that before, much less captured it on camera. Kudos to Mike!



Awhile ago, here in Alpine, my son saw this cute little Horned Lizard.




I have plenty to keep me busy. For starters, my sisters and I see so many wildflowers we're trying to ID. Here's a few white ones from our properties that we ID'd recently.


McVaugh's Bladderpod (not a new species for us) Physaria mcvaughiana

Gregg's Keelpod (Synthlipsis greggii)


Linearleaf Four O'clock (Mirabilis linearis)

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment