Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Another good oasis day!

Been wanting to post before and after shots of the viewing blind. The first shot was taken by Tom McCoppin a little over a year ago, and I took the second shot recently, trying to get the same view and angle.



It's hard to believe that's the same spot. I'm really happy with the oasis these days, and especially relieved to get those patches on the road. That short steep section has been an albatross around my neck, and I feel certain that no one will have a problem ascending the hill now. I didn't realize how much that stressed me until the stress went away.


I watered the trees today while watching birds. Birding isn't bad at all thanks to that Chinese Pistachio tree that attracts them. The weather couldn't have been better. Mostly the same birds as yesterday, but I keep trying for better photos. I loved Mike's shot of one of the Red-naped Sapsuckers, so tried to take a better one than I had before. This is probably the best I can do.



Flickers are enjoying the berries too.


When I came to town this afternoon I had intended to leave the red chairs blocking the fresh concrete, but couldn't bring myself to. The only persons that would come up the hill are birders and better to risk cracking the concrete than them having trouble getting around the barriers. The concrete looked really good and set. Probably be even better by the time someone comes along. We put lots of steel and fiber in it. I have confidence in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment