Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, October 17, 2021

Big day tomorrow

Friends are coming to help put a couple of concrete patches on the steepest part of the big hill. I think it'll make a world of difference. Should have done it years ago. I was waiting for all the soil to wash off, I guess, but I'm excited to get it done now. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, so that'll make the trip to the oasis much easier. I'll take photos and post them tomorrow. What really impelled me to do it was when an elderly couple couldn't make it up the hill in their rental car recently. Backing down they went into the ditch and got stuck. Sat there two hours or more until my sister happened to notice their vehicle on the big hill that hadn't moved since the last time she looked an hour earlier. Could have been really bad. So I knew something had to be done. It doesn't matter that people shouldn't come if they're unable to walk out. They do come, and it needs to be safer.


Meanwhile, a Varied Bunting has been hanging around the feeder for four or five days at least. Really unusual to have one in mid-October.



Otherwise, not much of interest, although admittedly, I've been too busy to watch much.


No comments:

Post a Comment