Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, October 18, 2021

Plan worked perfectly

My helpers showed up on schedule and the job went as planned. So excited to see if it makes the big hill less daunting for visitors. It probably won't change anything for me since I straddle the holes going up in my pickup, but low clearance cars hopefully will do better now. A huge round of applause for my awesome volunteers, Mike Gray, Cecilia Riley, and Deirdre Hisler! (Red chairs are to keep cars from driving on the uncured cement.)






It may not look like much but I think the little added traction where it's most needed will make a lot of difference.

The crew arrived around 9 AM when the oasis was good for birding. It took an hour before we could tear ourselves away and go to work. There were at least 3 Red-naped Sapsuckers, and 2 Hermit Thrushes, among many other birds, enjoying the Chinese Pistachio berries. Lots of butterflies too. Here's Mike's shot of one of the Red-naped Sapsuckers. He's a beauty! Great shot Mike!


 The beige-ish edges on the feathers indicate that this is a juvenile Lucifer.



No comments:

Post a Comment