Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 22, 2021

Lovely surprise shower

Sometime after 10 PM last night my sister called me* that we got nearly half an inch of rain at the oasis. I knew I wouldn't sleep wondering if there was runoff to harvest, so I went down, arriving around midnight. No runoff, but a great rain for the vegetation. The storm had put out internet and phone service so I hightailed it back to town this morning. Not before seeing what birds were around, of course.


On my way to town I saw the service men working at the tower, but I don't think it's the same tower that provides my wifi.




Most interesting birds at the oasis were quite a few hummers and a House Wren.



In Alpine I was happy that my husband let me remove an old fence that had been hampering birding activity. Been wanting to do it for years.


           2018 (The city cut down that lovely mesquite tree
     my sign hung on so I now hang it on the stump.)
Today

Also proud of my son's sign work. Here's one of his recent creations for the City of Alpine gas company. Old one first, then the new one he made. (The new one won't turn brown with age.)



_______________


* She tried calling earlier but couldn't get service until then, but the service was brief. By the time I got there it was out again.





No comments:

Post a Comment