Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 27, 2021

Family tales

Once upon a time I had four kids. The oldest got murdered when she was 19, leaving her 2 yr old son (now 47) behind. He's here visiting me this week. He loves to run and has run from our house to Sul Ross 

college and back daily while staying here. Three miles each way. He was born in Alpine at the old hospital near that college.

 


Of my surviving three children, my two sons live in Alpine and my daughter lives near Austin. Then I have a granddaughter and  grandson by my Austin daughter. (And 3 granddaughters by one of my Alpine sons.) Here is my only other grandson. He's 21.



I also have three great-grandsons, all teenagers. That makes me pretty old. Of course, I'd be just as old if I had no children, grandchildren, or great-grandchildren. 



2 comments:

  1. You have survived all these years and will leave a great legacy through your logs. I'm also getting up there in age, 69, and have decided to come out of retirement. I'm starting a new job in Austin.
    You are an inspiration to me and many others.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words. Kudos to you for coming out of retirement. You'll live longer and healthier for doing it.

    ReplyDelete