Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 6, 2021

Not a single hummingbird

Birding at the oasis is at its worst ever. I don't remember one time when there wasn't at least one hummingbird around this time of year. I feel bad for the birders that are still visiting. This too shall pass. I'm thinking because of the drought that birds avoided the area. Remember while I got enough rain to squeak by until next summer, many people didn't get any. I think I heard that some places got the lowest amount this year since keeping records. What did fall was real spotty.


I kept forgetting to take a photo looking upwards on the big hill since the new patches were added, but did it yesterday. That's the steepest part of the hill.



Got a new agave stalk but forgot to take a photo of it. Next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment