Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 13, 2023

A few surprises today

First surprise was when the Graham family showed up at Johnson's Ponds here in Alpine. They didn't know it was my place, so they were surprised to see me too. Small birding world!


Next surprise was, as we were sitting on the patio visiting and watching the hummingbird feeders, a pair of Red Crossbills showed up at my new birdbath. Here's Robert's photo of one of them. 



He also shared with me a few other lifers he got at the oasis in the last couple of days. He worked hard to get a suitable Lucifer Hummingbird shot, and far exceeded my expectations.



And we all worked hard to get his lifer Elf Owl shot, and here it is. I'm impressed!



I'll never be able to take as good of photos as the amazing photographers who visit, but I think I get as much pleasure from being a part of theirs as they do. It takes the habitat I furnish, and the expertise they have, to make it happen.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, fantastic photos! How great, all due to your hard work. Thank you Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Crossbills are amazing! What a bird bath! Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is Johnson’s pond located? Will be in Alpine in early May and would like to visit. Thanks Mike

    ReplyDelete