Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, June 10, 2023

Bear videos

Went to water and service feeders today only to discover a bear had moved the rocks we used to wedge the "bear-proof" feeder so it wouldn't jiggle. However, I saw no evidence that jiggling is how the bear gets to the seed. It appears the bear just crouches and licks it out with its tongue. Maybe if that's all the damage it does, we can just buy more seed and live with it. If it becomes a nuisance hanging around, we may have to modify the seed feeder. We'll see.



I seem to be almost well. No relapse from watering today. And my foot didn't hurt too bad today either. Mosquitoes still real bad, so I didn't linger.


I also discovered the bear won't put its weight on the unwelcome mat. Good to know!



Can't tell if the bear ate some nectar from the hummingbird feeder. The feeder was empty when I got there, but hummers may have been the reason.



I have two dozen video clips of the bear but the above ones are the ones I learned the most from, I think.


Also enjoyed seeing a Burrowing Owl along Highway 118 about 40 miles south of Alpine. My first for the year.




6 comments:

  1. Love the game camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🐻🐻🐻😮😬😧

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great clips of the bear(s). -Ken in Alabama. p.s., Glad you're getting better and better!

      Delete
  3. I had a bear in my yard last week eating some watermelon I put out for javelina. We both scared each other.

    ReplyDelete