Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, June 8, 2023

Sick again!

I can't believe I had a relapse. I was being so careful! Having been well for a week or so, I planned a very careful day for going to get a life bird (Thick-billed Kingbird) at the Davis Mountains Preserve. Got up at a normal time, drove to meet and ride with someone else. Dressed plenty warm, took plenty of food and water. We drove right up to the tree the bird is nest-building in. No hiking involved. But I noticed I was starting to cough more than usual since recovering from my viral infection. Then my throat started getting sore. By the time I got back home my throat hurt bad and I was very hoarse. This morning, hoarse and sore too, although not as bad as with my initial infection. Whatever it is that's going around, my oldest son had it too. We hadn't been around one another, so didn't get it that way. My husband didn't get it.


I'm just wondering if stressing about my upcoming dental surgery is weakening my immune system. Bummer, whatever.


The kingbird excursion was a lot of fun, though. Mike Gray so generously took me and another birder into the preserve where we saw lots of good birds, including a Grace's Warbler and Montezuma Quail.







6 comments:

  1. 🙏🙏🙏🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birding adventures continue to amaze. 3 great birds in 1 outing. But most importantly, stay healthy. Love reading your posts. 🙂❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm feeling OK today with just a sore throat and cough. Last time I had this I spent a whole day in bed, which I didn't even do with Covid.

      Delete
    2. Carolyn, I do hope you get better. I have been under the weather lately myself.

      Congratulations on the Grace’s warbler and thick billed Kingbird. You posted some very good pictures.

      Noel

      Delete
    3. Thanks. Only the kingbird was new for me.

      Delete
  3. Carolyn, I'm so sorry your sick again. Hope you're well soon! Beautiful pictures! Leigh Baker

    ReplyDelete