Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 25, 2023

Forgot to blog

 A few days ago I was at the oasis watering, weed-eating, servicing feeders, etc. I meant to blog and share a few photos from there, but somehow forgot. So here they are a few days late. Things are looking lovely. Here's some of the soapberry bushes that I so love.




And here's how the water drip is looking these days. Not quite as lush as I'd like it, but at least that makes the birds easier to spot. 



Newly hatched Scaled Quail were running around all over the place. I was too slow to get decent photos of them before they disappeared, but I did manage a rather blurry shot of the last one before it too disappeared. So cute!


Back in Alpine one of the neighbor's chickens seems to love my water feature.



We love the neighbor's chickens. They keep us supplied with fresh eggs. 

While checking out our ponds in town today for interesting odes or birds, the only interesting thing I found was this juvenile bird. I couldn't decide if it was a Pyrrhuloxia or Cardinal. I settled on the latter.



1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great 4th of July. The oasis does look lush.

    ReplyDelete