Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 25, 2023

Christmas day stuff

I spent my Christmas day birding at Candelaria Wetlands. Not as birdy this time of year, but still lots of fun. Saw this raccoon. I enjoy seeing them in natural settings, just not at our man-made Alpine ponds.



I guess the best birds I saw there today were about five Common Mergansers. I had seen them there years ago before I began documenting my sightings, so it was nice to get documentation. Too far away for good photos though.



Probably one of my better Marsh Wren photos.


Our local grocery store sold out to Lowe's grocery chain. Not much has really changed, so far anyway, but I really love the new carts. Pushing large carts makes my back hurt when you try to change direction with the cart. It twists it somehow. But Lowe's has these awesome little carts that are so easy to push that my back doesn't even notice.



Before these carts, I used to pull those long handled baskets around. Didn't hurt my back pulling them, but stooping over to put stuff in and take stuff out was a killer.

My son, Leonardo, made his wife a beautiful kneeling bench and painting for Christmas. I was very impressed, as usual, with his talent.




Hope you all had a jolly Christmas day!


6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to small grocery carts. Your son IS very talented, beautiful pieces! Happy holidays Carolyn and thank you for all you do for our precious feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you have a wonderful, birdy Christmas!! It was so nice to see you again last week! I have Lowe's Grocers here, too, and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great seeing you too! I had something I wanted to tell you after you left but couldn't find your contact info. If I can remember what it was, I'll contact you.

      Delete