Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 17, 2013

Misc photos

I was so overwhelmed with pumping water from my dirt tanks into the concrete tanks, working on the road, then having a Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher show up (which turned out to be a one day event), that I got behind on posting some photos I had wanted to post. The oasis went from having less than a foot of water in the bottom of this tank to 7 feet of water.


Below I'm pumping the last out from the dirt tanks into this stucco tank, which ended up with 4 feet, so I'm good for this year anyway and rainy season hasn't officially started yet. There's plenty of room for more water in my two tanks. Besides, the wildlife pond (the one with the reeds in it) didn't get any water yet. It's not a tank that I store water in and use from so it doesn't get priority. All and all, I'm a happy camper. I may have to invent a word and say I'm a happy "oasiser."


Hundreds of these larva appeared in the big tank after the rain and I've no idea what they are. Does anyone know?

Here is a Great Spreadwing.

Mark Lockwood came to see the Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher and discovered five baby Spotted Ground Squirrels at a hole in the road. Here is a photo by him. 


He also captured this shot of a Rusty-rumped Whiptail.  Thanks, Mark, for allowing me to post your photos.


He had planned to come see the Sulphur-bellied Flycatcher today, but knew that species tended to be short term events, so if he wanted to photograph it, he needed to get here immediately. Good thing too. Those that couldn't get here until today missed seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment