Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, June 24, 2013

Not just for the birds

Well, it seems the Western Kingbird nesting is no more. I think something got the female on the nest in the night, probably a Great Horned Owl. The male hung around morosely all day and finally departed late this afternoon.

Here are a few photos I took today. I'll start with a new damselfly species for the oasis, even though it's a very common species----- female American Rubyspot.
























Next are a couple of dragonflies on a tether that goes to the pump in the tank (in case we have to get the pump out of 10' of water to replace or unclog it). They are an Eastern Amberwing and a Great Spreadwing male.

























Then a small frog and the tiniest turtle I've ever seen in the wild. It's about 2" long. I don't know what species they are. I didn't install them, they just show up on their own.






































No comments:

Post a Comment