Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Not a great day

I drove down to the oasis at daylight and started watering my trees. Usually, that's the best way to recharge my batteries and de-stress. Today was awful. My knee hurt really bad. Still no idea what caused it to be swollen when I woke up yesterday morning. I'm sure doing Modesto Canyon yesterday didn't help either.

Then the mosquitoes were unbearable. I persevered and got the trees all watered in about 5 hours. Thereafter, I figured if I was going to be miserable anyway, I might as well go back to town, so that's what I did.

Photo taken after I turned off the pump while the line was finishing draining.
While I was at the oasis watering and doing the feeders, I pumped the remainder of the water from the dirt tank to the stucco tank, bringing the level up to a few inches below the full point. I hate that it loses two inches a day, but I should still be fine until next summer's rainy season.


I guess water mites are an epidemic this year. Here's a Red Saddlebags dragonfly loaded with them.

That's about all the photos for today. Tomorrow I'll go somewhere without mosquitoes and see what I can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment