Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, February 20, 2015

A bit of camouflage

Knowing I have a Henry's Elfin at CMO, and knowing that redbuds are one of their host plants, I keep looking at my redbud tree to see if I can find elfins in it. I haven't yet, but I noticed that the only cover in the tree are dried leaves still hanging from last year. And those leaves look so much like Henry's Elfins. Pretty cool. The more one enjoys nature, the more things in nature there are to enjoy!


So far the terrace I built to the south of the madrone tree (right), that wasn't looking as good as the others, doesn't seem to have helped, but I'm hoping it'll end up cooler and shadier this summer and start thriving. Meanwhile the Mexican Elder tree (center) is looking its best.




No comments:

Post a Comment