Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Back at it

Gnats are really bad but surprisingly few mosquitoes.



Here's a better shot of the Gray Vireo. It was a lifer for Alan. I'm sure he got a far better photo of it.

Here's a Black-chinned Hummingbird I snapped coming to their setup. My camera wasn't on a tripod or plugged into the flash setup, so this isn't anything comparable to the quality of theirs. Absolutely no sign of a male Lucifer.


All the hummers have pollen-laden beaks these days. I had an encounter with a Black-tailed Rattlesnake today.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks as always for sharing the goings-on at the oasis and in town. That is a gorgeous snake! You usually seem matter-of-fact when posting photos of the rattlers. Do they usually give you fair warning not to come too close?

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather used to rattlers in this kind of weather so I'm really vigilante. I was trying to decide if I saw it before it rattled at me or not. I think it happened simultaneously. But also, I was in a huge rush when I posted this. Had to get to town and had company, etc. so didn't have time to give it much attention. I used to shriek when I saw a rattler but now unless it's within striking distance when I first see it, I don't make much of a peep.

    ReplyDelete