Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

More than allergies

 I suspected that after staying indoors for three days while it rained outside there couldn't be enough pollen floating around to give me this much grief. Had to be more going on, so I went online and researched. Here's something I came across. "Cases of walking pneumonia are most common in the late summer and fall..... there are widespread outbreaks every four to eight years. When those outbreaks occur, walking pneumonia can account for as many as one out of every two cases of pneumonia." It says lots of things can cause it, such as resulting from lung infections caused by microorganisms and fungi. I'm convinced that when I get a lot of pollen irritating my lungs, they become susceptible to pneumonia bacteria or bronchitis. Bronchitis is also caused by pollution or dust, so it could be that. My only real symptom is just asthma. Can't breathe.

Looking back on my blog, I think the problem started around the 16th of September when I went to Cibolo Creek and couldn't get my energies up. Wading for hours in the cold water probably didn't help. So it's only really been 10 days. Seems like much longer. October of 2014 was the last time I had this problem. Glad it's not every year anyway. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to prevent these episodes from developing to begin with.


When Brian was here a week ago he collected four teensy Question Mark caterpillars to raise. On my post of Sep 21st I showed one of them. The others were hidden behind leaves. Now, here they are today. Incredible how they've grown. The fourth one is hidden behind the stem between the bottom one and middle one. You'll have to look hard to see it.









































No comments:

Post a Comment