Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 28, 2016

More lifers, more exhaustion

I'm trying to pace myself and come back to camp when I'm exhausted. Today early AM after a run for groceries I went to the National Butterfly Center. Quite a few people wandering around looking for butterflies. Not far from me a man asked if I'd like to see a Glazed Pellicia. I rushed over and got another lifer.


Turns out it was Martin Reid. It's difficult having prosopagnosia (face blindness) and not recognizing people I should. So I hung around him getting more lifers until he had to leave and go to a meeting. The butterfly festival starts tomorrow and he's going to lead field trips for it. 

Someone found a Caribbean Yellowface Dancer at the little pond at the visitor's center, so I rushed over there and got that lifer. Without help I wouldn't find these things on my own.


So many great butterflies today that I can't possible post them all. Enjoyed getting a lifer White-striped Longtail on my way to see the dancer.


There's an Eastern Screech-Owl at the butterfly center that is quite popular.


Too tired to post more. One of these days I'll catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment