Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pretty ordinary day

Well, the moon didn't look any bigger to me, even reflected in the tank early this morning.


I got covers on these two feeders. The third one, barely visible, is the one the trap uses. I think if I fasten a flat cover on top of the pipe instead of underneath, it shouldn't interfere with the trap. I'll try it and see. I do realize that when it rains sideways, like is so often the case, these covers won't be very helpful. But I think they help protect the ant guards and feeders from the sun also. That sugar solution gets really hot in the summertime, so it's good to have a little protection. I tried several years ago to hang hoods above the feeders but the wind blew that idea away. Now I have the covers fastened to the pipes so they can't move. I wish I had figured that out sooner. Duh!



No comments:

Post a Comment