Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hog butchering time

I remember hog butchering time on the farm in Iowa from when I was a kid. So much more humane now. I won't even describe the process in those days.

Pecan orchard


It doesn't look like it but there are seven adult hogs in that trap plus some babies. I know, I feel bad about the babies too, but the alternative is to let feral hogs ruin our country. Might as well eat the piglets as to release them to predators. (The land owner stayed there to make sure none were released. That's a condition of being allowed to trap there. He traps too.)



I imagine most of you only want to see your meat in plastic store displays or cooked at the table. That's me, anyway. But I persevere knowing this meat is so much healthier. And I truly believe we need meat for optimum health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment