Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 31, 2018

A full day

Early AM some birders came and got their lifer Lucifer Hummingbird. The Native Plant Society of Texas was late arriving to our meeting place. They carpooled from Alpine after having waited on a couple in their group that didn't show up. When they finally got to the oasis, the couple was there. Apparently, that had been the plan but someone forgot to tell someone or whatever. I waited for them at the blacktop and Snake Road, then took them to my sister's place to see what we could find there. So dry. That's the first time I took a group of naturalists there. Here they are following my sister up a hill to see her non-blooming Night-blooming Cereus.


Then down to the arroyo by her house to see what's growing there.


Things are always somewhat hectic with a real large group. When I got to Alpine later today I had an email waiting from someone who had left their backpack at the oasis. I had brought it to town with me so they were able to come pick it up at my house. All in all, I'd say it was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment